From the opening drive, you could see the Vikings didn’t come to play. They looked like they had all, received a roofy (date drug), on the ride to the stadium..
Let me set the scene: The Vikings must win this game to get into the playoffs. They have been working on this football stuff since July. They basically are the healthiest, they have been all season. They signed a $ 84 million dollar quarterback, to perform in these situations. There is an open battle between Coach Zimmer, Offensive coordinator DeFillippo, and quarterback Cousins on how to play the game. Unfortunately, DeFillippo is the odd man out. So he gets fired, the day after the game, but Zimmer and Speilman stay.
Zimmer tells DeFillippo he wants more running plays, so DePhillippo utilizes more running plays. They aren’t successful so DeFillippo gets canned for doing what he was told to do. What gives?
The Vikings – Seahawk game was deplorable, with the Vikings getting their butts whipped.
1. The Vikings aren’t as good as we thought they were.
2. Cousins looked lost and tentative.
3. The play calling was horrendous.
4. Cousins missed two open receivers for touchdowns.
5. They could not convert 3rd downs.
6. They could not convert 4th and ones.
7. Neither Diggs or Theilen caught a meaningfull pass, til late in the fourth.
8. The $84 million man looked like $ 84.00.
But most embarrassing, came when one of the Seattle defenders, came off the field, and was running up and down the sidelines, saying excitedly ” They can’t run, they can’t pass, they don’t know what to do!!”.
Welcome to the world of the Minnesota Vikings.