Laquon Treadwell was a major disappointment, to the Minnesota Vikings, and to me, in 2016. The reason I included myself, in the lofty position, equal to the Vikings, is because I had followed Treadwell since his high school days in Chicago, and felt he was the best college receiver I had ever seen.
A little history on Treadwell:
- Played Quarterback as a freshman in high school, before switching to receiver.
- Played defense all through high school, as well.
- Named Illinois offensive Player of Year as a senior.
- Named High School All American by Under Armour, USA Today, and Maxipreps.
- Ranked the No.1 receiver in the country by Rivals, and 247Sports.
- Committed to the University of Mississippi in November of 2012.
- Named SEC freshman of the year, with 72 catches for 608 yards.
- Having had a spectacular sophomore year through November, whileplaying against Auburn, he suffered a season ending broken leg, while catching a pass on the 1 yard line, that would have given them the victory, but he fumbled.
- He came back for Junior year; had 82 catches for 1,153 yards.
- After junior year, he opted for the NFL draft.
- He was selected # 23 by the Minnesota Vikings, and not heard from again.
As you can see, he has the pedigree, and I am confident & hopeful that he will have a breakout season in 2017. I truly believe he just needs a little confidence. His work with Bradford will also payoff, as they have bonded more, coming into this season. They will also have a running game, to open up the passing game.