It was reported on July 17th, 2017 in the Minneapolis StarTribune that the Grand Poo-Bah Zygi with his lapdog, Lester was irked that the new Chairman of the Metropolitan Sports Facility Authority (MSFA), Mike Vekich, had turned over control, of the 2 suites, to SMG, the stadium operator. Those 2 suites were designated at the outset, as sales and marketing tools, for the MSFA, to market the new stadium, for non-football use; ie concerts, soccer, Xgames, and home shows. The Vikings feel they should get any monies, that come from the use of those suites. Some key facts on this:
- Vikings insist that they gifted those 2 suites to the MSFA. You can’t gift something you don’t own.
- The state of Minnesota and the city of Minneapolis owns the stadium. Not the underworld Wilfs.
- The MSFA, along with the SMG run the US Bank stadium, not Zygi.
This is just the latest, in a long list of demands to fleece money, from the ticket holders, and residents of Minnesota, such as:
- A seat license fee, of up to $10,000 per seat, in addition to the per game ticket price.
- He followed that up with a tailgating fee of $ 600 per year.
- Zygi, the winer, and Lester the lapdog somehow negotiated a deal, that gives the Vikings, all the revenue from the new parking ramp, across the street, from the new stadium. What makes this a true WTF moment, is that the state owns it, and sold naming rights to Mills Fleet Farm.
- Then they began selling paver bricks for up to $360 each. They adorn space under the Viking ship.
Zygi must stay up late at night, to come up with plots to squeeze more money, out of Minnesota and the Viking fans. What could be next? A toilet fee; $25 to drop a load & $10 to urinate. How about a usage fee for using the roads, that lead to the stadium, on Sundays. How about an excise tax, on television viewership of the Vikings, on Sundays?