My wife said to me “How can you watch guys run the same track, the same distance, do all the same drills, for 3 days in a row. Who’s the winner?”
My response; “It’s my favorite 3 days of the year. It’s like you watching 3 nights in a row, of the Bachelor.”
What a great display of very talented athletes. After viewing the process from beginning to end, I’ve developed my list of the top talents in each category. I don’t know where they will all get drafted, but am sure, they will all be gone, by the end of round 3.
- Garrett Bradbury; OL NCST: sub 5/ 40, top performer in drills. 1st yr starter.
- Andre Dillard; OL WSU: sub 5/40, Sure 1st rounder.
- Jawaan Taylor; OL FL: A+ in the movement drills. Stock up at combine.
- Jonah Williams; OL ALA:
- Cody Ford; OL OK:
- Michael Jordan; OL OH ST: 6-3 and 315 lbs. Agile in all drill
- Justice Hill; RB OKST: Spectacular at Combine. 4.00/40. 40″vert.
- Miles Sanders; RB Penn ST:4.47/40. Top Notch in all drills.
- Mike Weber; RB OH ST:4.47/40 Great in drills.
- Josh Jacobs; RB ALA:
- Noah Fant; TE IA: 4.5/40. 39″vert.@6-4 249 lbs. Best of WR’s.
- T.J.Hokanson; TE IA: 4.7/40.37″ vert. First Round. 1st TE taken.
- Josh Oliver; TE SJ ST: 4.63/40.6-5 249. 103/4 hand.
- Caleb Wilson; TE: 4.50,40.
- DK Metcalf; WR MISS:4.33/40, 40″vert, 6-2 & 230 lbs.
- Parris Campbell; WR OH ST: 4.31/40. Great Hands.
- AJ Brown; WR OLE MISS: 4.49/40. 36 vert. 6ft& 230lbs.
- Miles Boykin; WR ND: 4.42/40. 43″vert.: Highly skilled.
- Dwayne Haskins; QB OH ST: 6-3, 231 lbs. Best Passer.
- Ryan Finley; QB NC ST: 6-4 & 213. Big Hands
- Easton Stick ; QB NDSU: 4.63/40
- Drew Lock; QB : 4.69/40
- Murray; QB OK: 5-10 208 lbs. Did not participate in the combine.
- Rashan Gary; DL MI: sub 5/40
- Nick Bosa; DL OST: sub 5/40
- Dexter Lawrence; DL CLEM: 5.05/40 @ 343lbs
- Quinnen Williams; DL ALA: 4.83 at 303 lbs. Top Ten pick.
- Renell Wren; DL AZ ST: 6-5 & 318 lbs, ran a 5.00/40. 1st Round
- Montez Sweat ; MISS ST EDGE: Outstanding At 6’6″ & 260 he ran a 4.41 /40
- Chase Winovich; EDGE: Sub 5 /40
- Ben Banajo; EDGE TCU: 6-3 and 250.4.62/40. Led conference in sacks.
- Josh Allen; EDGE KTY: 4.64/40 @6-5 AND 282lbs.
- Greedy Williams; LB LSU: 4.37/40 Big corner at 6-2 185.
- Byron Murphy; LB W: Not fastest, but best overall in drills.
- Deandre Baker; LB GA: 4.52/40
- Jonathon Abrams; DBack MISS ST: 4.45/40. Excelled in all field events.
- Byron Murphy; Dback: 4.5/40 and excelled in all drills.
- Darnell Savage Jr.; Dback: 4.36/40 and a 39″vert.
- Chauncy Gardner- Johnson; Dback FL: 4.48/40 at 210 lbs
- Deandre Baker ; Dback GA: 4.52/40 and excelled in all drills.
- Juan Thornhill; Dback 4.42/40 with a 44″vert and a 10ft. 9 in broad.
From my vantage point the Top Five at the combine were
Dback JuanThornhill 4.42/40 & 44″vert,
EDGE Montez Sweat with a 4.41/40 @260lbs.,
DL Quinnen Williams with a 4.81/40 @318lbs.,
WR DK Metcalf with a 433/40 @6-3 230lbs.
TE Noah Fant with a 4.50/40 @ 6-5 and 249lbs.